Think on Your Feet® is a 2-day in-house program.
It has achieved worldwide recognition as one of the most original and useful oral communication courses taught today. It’s taught throughout Canada, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Europe. Think on Your Feet® provides the techniques to speak spontaneously with clarity and impact, in a wide range of demanding situations. The Think on Your Feet® approach emphasises structure when communicating, ensuring ideas are presented in ways that will be understood—and remembered.
Whether you are addressing one person or 50, Think on Your Feet® provides the techniques to zero in on issues, organise ideas and speed up preparation and response time. Typical situations include:
- Answering questions on-the-spot
- Communicating with staff
- Briefing management or clients
- Handling the media
- Getting your ideas across at a meeting
- Explaining complex information clearly
- Giving evidence
- Selling a product or service
- Promoting your organisation or yourself
By focusing on an individual’s ability to think quickly and clearly, Think on Your Feet® dramatically improves oral communication skills.
A TOTAL METHOD OF COMMUNICATING
We blend traditional reasoning techniques with the latest skills in oral communication. You learn how structured thinking turns nervousness into energy. You learn the art and science of speaking convincingly and confidently, without relying on notes. By concentrating on what is in your listener’s mind, Think on Your Feet® gives you a simple, handy system for making a lot more sense to a lot more people.
At the completion of the 2-day in-house program, participants will be able to do the following:
- Use “bridging” strategies to clarify questions, defuse issues and buy time
- Anticipate questions and prepare answers
- Use techniques to identify listeners’ hopes, fears and background knowledge
- Use simple, jargon-free language that listeners can understand
- Turn nervousness into energy
- Separate topics clearly using transitions
- Organise ideas while talking
- Answer questions quickly and coherently, especially when under fire
- Structure ideas simply and persuasively
- Use six basic organisation formats to focus communication and display analysis
- Flesh-out ideas with memorable examples
- Avoid common communication traps
- Handle objections positively
- Deal with hostile situations
And above all, GET TO THE POINT AND BE REMEMBERED.
Think on Your Feet® is a registered trademark of Think on Your Feet International, Inc., used under licence to Mindset Media Pte Ltd.